RE: New text for SOAP Modules/Features

+1 to editorial changes. But, this doesn't satisfy LC18. Why?

First, LC18 is not about syntactic relationship. But, "... do not see any
concrete text that establishes any relationship between Features and SOAP
Modules" [1].

Glen, I agree with your October suggestion:

"Asir: Although we had originally rolled 18 in with 29b,
 I just reread the text you point to, and I do think we
 could profitably add some text which describes the fact
 that Features in fact are typically resolved/implemented
 by bindings or Modules, and that Modules can satisfy
 abstract Feature requirements.  I think this might help
 with Marc's concern as well, without going so far as to
 generate a syntactic connection between the two.  I'll
 volunteer to write this (i.e. switch my ACTION from
 writing this email to writing some resolution text
 :))."
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Oct/0058.html

Let me add qualifiers to the suggested text below - "This is because the
final arbiter of which
WSDL features a given SOAP module implements is the module specification
itself".

That is, the SOAP module specification declares which WSDL features this
module implements. To automate/enforce this relationship, LC18 calls for
some text in Part 3 stating that SOAP module specifications MUST/SHOULD/MAY
specify WSDL features that a module implements. Also, if the property "WSDL
Feature URI" is actually the same as the property "SOAP Feature URI", in the
SOAP Binding Context, we should state that. Are they the same?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC18

Regards,
Asir S Vedamuthu
asirv at webmethods dot com