W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > December 2004

Agenda, 8 December 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:25:30 -0800
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A505E19790@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0008.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Amy Lewis, William Vambenepe, Erik Ackerman, 
      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Igor Sedukhin, Jeff Mischkinsky, 
      David Orchard, Asir Vedamuthu, Dale Moberg, Bijan Parsia,
      Sanjiva, Tom Jordahl, Hugo Haas

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Dec 2 [.1], Allen was also present [.2], Bijan sent late regrets
[.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0058.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0007.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0006.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].  Editorial actions [.2].

?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?         2004-09-02: Bijan to create stylesheet to generate a
                      table of components and properties.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
                      except the frag-id which will move 
                      within media-type reg appendix.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to fix paragraph 6-9 of section 
                      2.1.1 moved into 2.1.2
                      which talks about the syntax.
?         2004-09-30: Arthur to add Z notation to Part 1.
?         2004-10-07: Primer editors to use the new 
                      terms "Web service" and "consumer|client".
?         2004-10-14: Arthur to prototype a javascript 
                      implementation and decide on the two doc's 
                      vs javascript method later.
?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: 
                      The Style property may constrain both 
                      input and output, however a particular 
                      style may constrain in only one 
                      direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
                      (subsumed by LC21 resolution?)
?         2004-10-21: Glen to respond to Tim Ewald re: LC9. 
?         2004-10-28: Glen to write up the relation between 
                      features and modules for LC18.
?         2004-11-09: DBooth and roberto to describe 
                      option 2 (remove definition of processor 
                      conformance, write up clear guidelines 
                      to developers) (LC5f)
?         2004-11-09: DaveO to work on text for option 
                      3 (redefining conformance in terms 
                      of building the component model) 
                      (LC5f)
?         2004-11-09: DaveO will recast the @compatibleWith 
                      proposal using an extension namespace. 
                      (LC54)
UNDONE [.10] 2004-11-10: Part 3 Editors to roll in Asir's changes.
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva to write the rationale for 
                      rejecting LC75a
?         2004-11-10: Glen will post an e-mail describing 
                      the compromise proposal on formal objections.
?         2004-11-10: DBooth will produce text for the spec 
                      re: slide 12 of his presentation.
?         2004-11-10: Editor remove ambiguity if it exists
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva will write up this proposal 
                      and email it to the list as a response 
                      to the objection.
?         2004-11-11: Hugo to update the makefile to 
                      generate the spec with Z
?         2004-11-11: Arthur to write up a sample of what 
                      a rewritten spec using an infoset-based 
                      component model would look like
?         2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the 
                      test suite for the purpose of 
                      interoperability testing.
?         2004-11-11: Hugo to ask the XMLP wg to clarify the 
                      issue around the response in the 
                      SOAP/HTTP binding (LC50)
?         2004-11-11: Editors of part 2 and 3 to add text 
                      about WSDLMEP and SOAP mep mapping that 
                      points to section 2.3 of part 3 (LC48b) 
?         2004-11-11: Umit to check on operation@style (LC61a)
?         2004-11-18: DBooth to propose text to clarify that 
                      a service must implement everything in 
                      its description.
PENDING   2004-11-18: Mini-task force to propose one or two 
                      proposals for the group for LC5f.
?         2004-12-02: DBooth to draft note clarifying that 
                      (a) optional extension can change the 
                      semantics; and (b) that if semantics are 
                      going to change at runtime, it should be 
                      indicated in the WSDL

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Jan 20,21 Melbourne, Australia hosted by BEA [.1]
  b. Mar 3,4? Boston
  c. Holiday telcon schedule Dec 23rd TF call, Dec 30th cancelled.
  d. Good Standing proposal [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Nov/0014.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0009.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New (non-LC) Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - Media Type tbd

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.h
tml

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - TBD

 [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Media Type Description [.1] Last Call published
  - Jonathan to collect issues for future telcon

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20041102/

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC5f: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, intro and conformance
                issues (f) [.1]
  - Roberto's proposal [.2]
  - No final resolution from FTF, AIs to DBooth/Roberto and DaveO 
    to write up competing proposals
  - Mini-TF to work on a single proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC5f
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Oct/0027.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC29b: Review of WSDL 2.0 Pt 3 Last Call WD (b) [.1]
    Issue LC18: Relationship between Features and SOAP Modules ?? [.2]
  - Glen's latest wording [.3]
  - Asir's concern [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC29b
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC18
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0002.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0010.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC54: WSDL Last Call issue
  - Awaiting DaveO's further action to cast @compatibleWith as an
    extension

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC54

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC50: Message Exchange Patterns -- p2c and/or p2e [.1]
  - Discussion with XMLP WG [.2]
  - Task Force progress?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC50
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0025.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC76c: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (Part 2) (c) [.1]
  - Hugo and Amy talk at [.2, .3]
  - Amy's proposal [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC76c
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0026.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0027.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0054.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC74e: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (e) [.1]
  - Roberto's Proposal [.2], I18N response [.3]
  - Related issues:
    - Issue 75q (drop XML 1.1 support) [.4]
    - Issue 85b (drop abstract data types) [.5]
    - Issue 85c (drop XML 1.1 support) [.6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC74e
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0044.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0051.html
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75q
[.5] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC85b
[.6] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC85c

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Single interface per service issues:
  - Issue LC73: WSDL Last Call issue [.1]
  - Issue LC75n: WSDL 2.0 Last Call Comments [.2]
  - Issue LC89k: Comments [.3]
  - Roberto's proposal [.4]
    Majority in favor of reopening?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC73
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75n
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC89k
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0094.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Composition Edge Case issues
  - Issue LC20: Feature Composition Edge Cases [.1]
  - Issue LC27: Property Composition Edge Cases [.2]
  - Need Glen's input

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC20
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC27

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC24: "ad:mustUnderstand" - ?? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC24

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC53: Optional predefined features in Part 2 [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC53

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue LC61f: comments on the wsdl 2.0 working drafts (f) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC61f

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue LC76d: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (Part 2) (d) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC76d

------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue LC28: HTTP Transfer Coding and 1.0 [.1]

 [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC28

------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Issue LC47: Issue: describing the HTTP error text for 
    faults [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC47

------------------------------------------------------------------
22. Issue LC52a: Last call review comments (a) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC52a

------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Issue LC60: Can multiple inline schemas have same targetNS? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC60

------------------------------------------------------------------
24. Issue LC74: Idle question [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC74

------------------------------------------------------------------
25. Issue LC75s: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (s) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75s

------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Issue LC75t: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (t) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75t

------------------------------------------------------------------
27. Issue LC75w: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (w) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75w

------------------------------------------------------------------
28. Other LC issues as time allows [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hold for future meetings
------------------------------------------------------------------
30. Task Force Status.
 a. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.1]
  - More details from Arthur [.2]
  - Interop bake-off
 b. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.3]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html
Received on Thursday, 9 December 2004 02:25:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:33 GMT