RE: Minority objection to requiring unique GEDs or required feature to distinguish operations

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:33:00 +0100
To: <distobj@acm.org>, <dbooth@w3.org>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Mark wrote:

> I'm confused.  There's always an operation, no?
> Sometimes what's in the message isn't the "name" per se,
> but there's always some token in the message envelope
> that can be mapped to some spec which describes the
> operation's semantics.

my understanding of this issue is that it is possible to
dispatch messages to two different operations that accept
exactly the same message contents based upon something
completely out of band, e.g. i've credit left in my account,
it's raining, we're now at war. That's dispatching based
upon /policy/ rather than /description/.

Paul