From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: 03 August 2004 15:24
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: RE: Editorial for Part 1 section 2.18

	Martin,

	I agree. I think that targetNamespace is a misnomer. It makes
sense in the definitions element, but not in the component model.
Components have QNames. I'd like to make the following editorial
suggestion to improve the naming and simplify the component model.

	In the following components, remove the targetNamespace property
and change the name property to be a QName instead of an NCName:

	Intertace
	InterfaceFault
	InterfaceOperation
	Binding
	Service

	Arthur Ryman,
	Rational Desktop Tools Development

	phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
	assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
	fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
	mobile: +1-416-939-5063
	intranet: http://w3.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

"Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

08/03/2004 06:00 AM

"Bijan Parsia" <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
cc
Subject
RE: Editorial for Part 1 section 2.18

	I believe the property used to be called {namespace name} and
was
	populated with the value of wsdl:definitions/@targetNamespace.
	Personally, I think {namespace name} is the better name, as the
property
	is NOT a *target* namespace when it appears on an interface
component (
	or any other component for that matter ). To my mine, the notion
of
	target namespace is purely a serialization detail.

	Gudge

For
	> example, in the case of an Interface component, the namespace
name is
	> represented by the {namespace name} property and the local
name is
	> represented by the {name} property."
	>
	> I can't find any {namespace name} *property* (component).
	> Perhaps it is
	> the {targetNamespace}?
	>
	> I see lots of references to [namespace name] Infoset
properties.