RE: "Bulk load" get/set

From: Jim Webber <jim.webber@arjuna.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:46:47 +0100
To: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Hey Mark,

> So, I propose that interfaces with attributes implicitly
> support two operations, GET and PUT.  GET would return an XML
> document which contains a serialized form of all attributes,
> and PUT would accept an XML document and update the value of
> the attributes to those reflected in that document.

This takes WSDL from being a language for building interfaces (and you know
that I don't really mean "interfaces" in the classical sense there), into an
interface.

Surely if attributes are required (and that case has really only been
supported in strength by the Gridf community), then how to expose those
attributes is an application-level thing?

Jim