Re: message exchange patterns and # of parties

From: Amelia A. Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:52:20 -0400
To: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Cc: sanjiva@watson.ibm.com, www-ws-desc@w3.org

There is no convenient one-word summary of all the different roles that
can be played by
nodes-that-are-not-in-the-role-of-service-but-are-participating-in-an-e
xchange.  client, consumer, subscriber, and peer are all appropriate, at
times.  service (or peer service) is sometimes appropriate.
"participant" is inclusive, but happens to include the service.  I like
"partner"; other people hate it.  *shrug*

Amy!

--
Amelia A. Lewis
Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.