RE: PROPOSAL: Drop interface/operation/(input|output)/@headers

> From: David Orchard
>
> Indeed.  But how does WSDL express the difference between the
> "application"
> components and the "infrastructure" components?  I haven't seen any
syntax
> yet that shows this differentiation.  To a certain extent, the problem
is
> that the "infrastructure" components are not targetted at the end
> application, rather something else like the security handler of the
> application.

Is there a compelling need to distinguish message processing roles
orthogonally to, or more generally than, SOAP actor/role?

Agreed. Is @role 1:1 with intermediary?

> Nor is there
> any guidance whatsoever on how to use WSDL in the face of
intermediaries,
> either in the message path or even within the ultimate receiver.

Agreed. Would it be sufficient to say transparent intermediaries do not
need WSDL, that opaque intermediaries would have their own WSDL, and
that a single WSDL document expressed the aggregate requirements of a
SOAP node implementing one or more distributed roles?