RE: PROPOSAL: Drop interface/operation/(input|output)/@headers

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:42:19 -0000
To: <alewis@tibco.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Amy wrote:

> A number of specifications currently going forward use headers to supply
metainformation to the ultimate receiver.  See, for instance,
WS-Addressing, WS-Security (in some use cases; can also be
intermediary), WS-RM.

In the case of these protocols i'd expect helpers from a toolkit
rather than having to understand the protocol in each application..
Given the application will probably have to plug-in the actual
values, intermediary was probably the wrong word to use - sorry!

> Actually, Glen and I were both at an interop dealie for WS-RM recently ..

i did wonder - i read Glen's blog and spotted your name on
the WS-ReliableMessaging spec :-)

--
Paul Sumner Downey
Web Services Integration