RE: Proposal: Uniqueness on the Wire Requirement for WSDL 2.0

From: Jeffrey Schlimmer <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:25:06 -0700
To: "WS Description List" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
I do not believe that WSDL 2.0 needs to be restrictive in this case
because there are interesting alternatives and because any recommended
alternative is arbitrarily restrictive.

SOAP header blocks provide a very interesting dispatch model, and there
are likely to be strong conventions around using specific header blocks
for this. For example, WS-Addressing [1] defines an Action header block
that is particularly suited for this purpose.

As Paul points out, there shouldn't be any constraint on Body data; it
is the application's business and should be whatever is appropriate for
a given application. (Note to self: our current design may already be
overly restrictive here.)

Put another way, if a service wants to define > 1 operation/input/@Body
that point to the same GED, why would anyone else care?

[1] http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-add/