RE: Proposal: Uniqueness on the Wire Requirement for WSDL 2.0

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:09:29 +0100
To: <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Mark

I'd agree from the simplicity POV, *but* I like the idea of having an operation name which may be different to the messages passed on the wire

There are several advantages to this abstraction: the ability to rename an operation in WSDL without impacting the actual messages exchanged and the /possibility/ of being able to group messages into different MEPs under different operation names.

*but* that's less about describing the actual messages exchanged and more about presenting to a WSDL processor, which i freely admit could be wrong headed.

Paul