RE: Can one inline schema import definitions from a second inline schema?

This one is coherent, but I don't think it's what we want.

> 2. Inline schemas may import or include other inline schemas
> but no import
> or include statement is required

This is not legal per the schema spec.

> 3. Inline schemas may import or include other inline schemas
> and an import
> or include statement is required with no schemaLocation

This one makes the most sense to me.

> 4. Inline schemas may import or include other inline schemas
> and an import
> or include statement is required with the schemaLocation and namespace
> attributes having the same value

This one doesn't make much sense to me.

> 5. Inline schemas may import or include other inline schemas
> and an import
> or include statement is required with the schemaLocation
> attribute set to
> the location of the encapsulating WSDL document

This one doesn't make much sense to me either.

> I think Arthur has brought out the key issue.  It's important
> that the WSDL
> 1.2 specification be clear on the accepted behaviour in this
> situation.
> Just as the WSDL 1.2 working draft provides modification to
> the XML schema
> definition on the use of a targetNamespace for inline schemas
> in section
> 3.1.2,
>
> "The targetNamespace attribute information item defines the
> namespace of
> the type definitions and element declarations embedded in
> this schema. WSDL
> modifies the XML Schema definition of the xs:schema element
> information
> item to make this attribute information item required. The
> targetNamespace
> attribute information item has the following infoset properties"
>
> so it should provided a statement clarifying the use of xs:import and
> xs:include element information items. A statement like,
>
>  "Schemas defined in the types section of a WSDL document may
> reference
> other schemas defined in the same types section or a types
> section defined
> in an imported or included WSDL document. In such a situation, the
> xs:import or xs:include statement must be used with no schemaLocation
> attribute. "
>
> will give a definite answer to this question and eliminate an
> ambiguity in
> WSDL 1.2.

If people want to add such language, it's OK with me.

Gudge