Re: Schemas in imported WSDL

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@systinet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:41:31 -0800
To: Allen Brookes <abrookes@roguewave.com>
Cc: "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Allen,

I don't remember that we decided anything on this particular issue, but
I don't see why a WSDL shouldn't import all the schema namespaces it
wants to use.

If a.wsdl contains a schema for namespace a1, and b.wsdl wants to import
a.wsdl including the schema, I believe it should import a.wsdl using
wsdl:import and it should import a1 using xs:import. It is an
independent question whether the location on xs:import should be
specified and if so, what it should be.

For comparison, in XML Schema the xs:import must be there for every
referenced namespace and I think it's good this way - it catches some
inadvertent errors and it advertises the intent of the author.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/