W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > June 2003

Agenda, 26 June 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:46:16 -0700
Message-ID: <1113DDB24D4A2841951BFDF86665EE1906B215A8@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jun/0035.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Don Mullen (fallbacks: Adi Sakala, Steve Lind, Sandeep Kumar, 
      Dale Moberg, Prasad Yendluri, Jacek Kopecky, 
      Dietmar Gaertner, Jerry Thrasher, Allen Brooks, Glen Daniels)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - June 19 telcon [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0066.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
?         2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding binary
                      data types in schema
?         2003-05-13: DaveO to send a motivating example for R131.
?         2003-05-13: Jeffsch, Sanjiva, Glen, Umit, JJM to come up with
                      a proposal to get rid with the message construct,
                      and add programming hints.
?         2003-05-14: Kevin to contact Sanjiva and try to merge 
                      proposals.
?         2003-06-12: Jacek to synthesize the different approaches 
                      to solving issue 64.
DONE [.2] 2003-06-12: Arthur to summarize his concerns about Umit's
                      proposal by email. 
?         2003-06-19: Roberto to rewrite up an email about the whether
                      to use "xs:any" or substitution groups, or both,
                      for our extensibility mechanism.
DONE [.3] 2003-06-19: Igor to write up about pros and cons of the 
                      single service proposal.
DONE [.3] 2003-06-19: Igor to come up with a new diagram.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0142.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0127.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. July FTF logistics [.1], registration [.2]
  b. 16 May 2003: The Web Services Task Force [.3] of the
     Internationalization Working Group has released an updated Working
     Draft of Web Services Internationalization Usage Scenarios [.2].
The
     document examines how language, culture, and related issues
interact
     with Web services architecture and technology. 
  c. XPath, XQuery, XSLT Last Call document review [.5].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/3/05/f2fJulyLogistics.htm
[.2]
http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=WSAWG_WSDWG_20
0307
[.3] http://www.w3.org/International/ws/
[.4] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-ws-i18n-scenarios-20030516/
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0082.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns
 c. Attributes
 d. QA & Testing

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Error in diagram (David) [.2].  Jacek's additional (?) problem [.3].

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0117.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Substitution groups or <xs:any> extensibility [.1].
    Awaiting alternatives from Roberto.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0051.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Single service per interface motivation [.1, .2]
    Comments on the pretty pictures [.3].  Simplification of the
    simplification proposal [.4].

    I perceive some agreement on the conceptual model (as indicated 
    by the diagram).  Perhaps a straw poll on whether we should 
    develop an alternative syntax/terminology proposal?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0095.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0104.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0023.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0031.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  R085 Describing endpoint references.  [.1]
  - General agreement to add such capability to WSDL, but
    not agreement on the precise form of the annotations and
    where in the WSDL they should reside. Proposal 
    from Umit [.3], response from Arthur [.4].
  - Related issue (?) dynamic discovery of a service [.2].

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0088/R085-20
03-04-22.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0004.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/att-0024/umit_pr
oposal.html__charset_ISO-8859-1
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0142.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x64 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
  - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
    Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed 
    attribute.
  - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL [.3].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Binding enhancements
    Sanjiva proposes [.1] to:
      1) Drop @interface from binding, since now in service. 
      2) Allow inlining interface-wide binding within a port and 
         making binding optional. 
      3) Define default binding (SOAP doc/lit).  
      4) Dealing with operation specific SOAPActions.
    Kevin proposes to [.2]:
      1) Allow reuse of parts of bindings through a BindingDetails
         element and corresponding references.
    Waiting for Kevin and Sanjiva to consolidate the proposals.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0046.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Removing message.
    Investigating idea to cleanly separate interop at the message 
    format level from interop at the programming model level. Awaiting
    proposal from Jeffsch et. al. to get rid with the message 
    construct, and add programming hints.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html 

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
    Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
Received on Wednesday, 25 June 2003 17:46:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:25 GMT