RE: targetResource wording

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:04:53 +0100
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

> The <service name="..."> identifies the service.  Period. (Or so I
hope,
> since things will get pretty darn confusing if it doesn't!)

Oh, I see. I missed that. You had different names for each of the
services. Sorry.

So, effectively you treat "interface" elements as the classes and
"service" elements as instantiation of those classes, if I was to use an
analogy to object-oriented systems.

I would argue that web services are not objects but components (WSA
definition) and as such they are more coarse-grained. Creating a new web
service for each possible printer that is going to be available, given
that there are alternative solutions, seems to me to be a solution that
moves away from the concept of web services back to the Java, C++, and
CORBA worlds.

Just my 2c.

.savas.