RE: targetResource wording

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:17:18 +0100
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

> At 10:48 PM 6/20/2003 +0100, Savas Parastatidis wrote:
> >So, I guess it's a matter of preference. The @targetResource
introduces
> >identity to a web service . . . .
>
> Careful.  The targetResource doesn't identify the *service*, it
identifies
> some *other* resource that the service "manipulates".  We don't have
an
> accepted term for that "other resource".  In the WS Architecture WG
we've
> been calling it a "turtle". :)

I understand that targetResource does not identify the service but the
combination of interface + targetResource does. Or doesn't it?

All of the printer services were supporting the same interface but they
had a different targetResource, hence making those services
distinguishable from each other. Perhaps, you don't call it "identity"
but when everything else is the same, it seems to me that the "turtle"
:-) becomes an "id".

At the end of the day you do end up having a bunch of web services whose
only difference is their targetResource.

.savas.