Fwd: Error in diagram?

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:48:19 -0400
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Oh, and along with that, the sentence just before Figure 1-1 states:

         "WSDL further considers that an interface represents (some of)
         the behavior of a resource on the World-Wide-Web."

I don't think that's accurate.  For one thing, it is the _service_ that is
related to the resource (as explained in my previous message below), and
for another thing, that resource might not be on the Web.

I suggest rewording this as:

         "WSDL further considers that a service may actually be providing
         access to some other resource[1], where this other resource may
         be a physical object or something abstract or conceptual.  Thus,
         multiple services may be related by accessing the same resource.

>Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:48:58 -0400
>To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
>From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
>Subject: Error in diagram?
>It occurs to me that figures 1-1 and 1-2 in our draft[1] that indicate
>"service" and "resource" are incorrect.  They show the _interfaces_
>pointing to the "resource", whereas the targetResource attribute allows
>the WSDL _service_ to point to a resource.  So the line should be drawn
>from the _service_ to the resource -- not from the _interface_ to the resource.
>Did I miss something?
>David Booth
>W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard
>Telephone: +1.617.253.1273