Re: Error in diagram?

From: Umit Yalcinalp <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:02:41 -0700
To: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
CC: www-ws-desc@w3.org

David Booth wrote:

> It occurs to me that figures 1-1 and 1-2 in our draft[1] that indicate
> "service" and "resource" are incorrect.  They show the _interfaces_
> pointing to the "resource", whereas the targetResource attribute
> allows the WSDL _service_ to point to a resource.  So the line should
> be drawn from the _service_ to the resource -- not from the
> _interface_ to the resource.
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> 1.
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.html#intro_ws

Nope, this is exactly what I was commenting about on the concall today.
We first had the picture as you described but I am no longer clear why
that is "inverted" as it looks like interfaces are sharing the resource
but the resource concept is not available at the abstract level.

Arthur, since you drew this final diagram, perhaps you could clarify why
we did this.

--umit

--
Umit Yalcinalp