RE: Features and properties

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:17:28 +0100
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Jean-Jacques,

> The best examples so far (as well as some of the rationale) may be
found
> here [1].
>
> I hope this helps,

The link you sent me has been useful.

I am trying to understand how features and properties are used.

If I was to write an interface that advertised its requirement for
security for all operations and transactional context for one of its
operations, would it look like this?

<wsdl:interface>
   <wsdl:feature
      uri="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/12/secext"
      required="true"/>
   <wsdl:operation name="operatation1">
      <wsdl:feature
         uri="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/08/wstx/requires-new"
         required="true"/>
      <wsdl:input message="inputMessage"/>
      <wsdl:output message="outputMessage"/>
   </wsdl:operation>
   <wsdl:operation name="operatation2">
      <wsdl:input message="inputMessage"/>
      <wsdl:output message="outputMessage"/>
   </wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:interface>

Are property elements required? How would they be used in this context?
Would I have to write something like this?

<wsdl:operation name="operation1">
   <wsdl:feature
      uri="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/08/wstx"
      required="true"/>