W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > June 2003

Agenda, 12 June 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:37:26 -0700
Message-ID: <1113DDB24D4A2841951BFDF86665EE1906839F46@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jun/0016.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Lily Liu (fallbacks: Ingo Melzer, Don Mullen, Adi Sakala, 
      Steve Lind, Martin Gudgin, Sandeep Kumar, Dale Moberg, 
      Prasad Yendluri, Jacek Kopecky, Dietmar Gaertner,
      Philippe Le Hegaret)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - June 5 telcon [.1].  Erik Ackerman also sent regrets.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0011.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
?         2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding binary
                      data types in schema
PING'D    2003-05-13: DaveO to send a motivating example for R131.
?         2003-05-13: Jeffsch, Sanjiva, Glen, Umit, JJM to come up with
                      a proposal to get rid with the message construct,
                      and add programming hints.
?         2003-05-14: Kevin to contact Sanjiva and try to merge 
                      proposals.
DUP?      2003-06-05: Jonathan to see what language for testable 
                      assertions should be used by the editors.
?         2003-06-05: Jeffsch to show how testable asssertions would 
                      look like.
?         2003-06-05: Editors to publish 1,2,3
?         2003-06-05: Jonathan to see what is the problem with 
                      substgrps.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Welcome new member - Jim Hendler replaces Tim Finin as UMd alt.
  b. July FTF moved to Raleigh, NC [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jun/0015.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns
 c. Attributes
 d. QA & Testing

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Problem with HTTP verbs as WSDL operations [.2]
  - Draft wording for targetResource attribute [.3]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0006.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0009.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Using RDF in WSDL [.1].  Jonathan examining the usability of
    substitution groups with pre-defined XML vocabularies.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Single service per interface motivation [.1, .2]
    Expect to defer this item until Sanjiva returns.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0095.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0104.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  R085 Describing endpoint references.  [.1]
  - General agreement to add such capability to WSDL, but
    not agreement on the precise form of the annotations and
    where in the WSDL they should reside. Proposal 
    from Umit [.3].
  - Related issue (?) dynamic discovery of a service [.2].

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0088/R085-20
03-04-22.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0004.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/att-0005/WS-Ref3
.pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x64 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
  - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
    Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed 
    attribute.
  - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL [.3].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Binding enhancements
    Sanjiva proposes [.1] to:
      1) Drop @interface from binding, since now in service. 
      2) Allow inlining interface-wide binding within a port and 
         making binding optional. 
      3) Define default binding (SOAP doc/lit).  
      4) Dealing with operation specific SOAPActions.
    Kevin proposes to [.2]:
      1) Allow reuse of parts of bindings through a BindingDetails
         element and corresponding references.
    Waiting for Kevin and Sanjiva to consolidate the proposals.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0046.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Removing message.
    Investigating idea to cleanly separate interop at the message 
    format level from interop at the programming model level. Awaiting
    proposal from Jeffsch et. al. to get rid with the message 
    construct, and add programming hints.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
    Awaiting proposal from Philippe.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html 
Received on Tuesday, 10 June 2003 18:37:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:25 GMT