RE: Can someone recap the differences between @serviceGroup vs. definitions-targetNamespace ?

From: Jim Webber <jim.webber@arjuna.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:13:44 +0100
To: "'Sanjiva Weerawarana'" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Sanjiva:

> Hmm. As was discussed in Rennes, WSDL 1.1's <service> element
> had no meaningful semantics and we wanted to provide some valuable
> semantics.

That might be the case, but replacing it with something like targetResource
isn't too sensible because it isn't idiot proof.

> Why bother with all this pain with removing message etc.? I
> have a better idea - let's go back to WSDL 1.1 and declare victory!

There is a lot to be said for that :-) But seriously, I think some of the
simplifications are worthwhile (like removing message) and others are
unstoppable but not harmful except to duffers (like attributes).

Of course if <service> in 1.1 had no meaningful semantics, we could apply
arbitrary semantics to it in 1.2 - eg if two interfaces appear in the same
<service> declaration, they are assumed to be controlled by the same
administrative domain.

Jim