RE: More thoughts on making binding detail definition reusable

From: Don Mullen <donmullen@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:12:16 -0500
To: "'Jean-Jacques Moreau'" <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

I'm not sure we can effectively separate <messageBinding> and
<protocolBinding>.  The protocol used sometimes affects the serialization of
the message.  For example, if the operation is required to be 'reliable' -
using SOAP/HTTP binding may require the introduction of SOAP headers (thus
changing the message serialization).  However, binding to an underlying
protocol that supports reliable message exchange would not require those
headers.  So there isn't a clean-cut separation.  I suppose one could modify
the message serialization within <protocolBinding>....

Don