Re: More thoughts on making binding detail definition reusable

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 13:12:12 +0100
To: "Liu, Kevin" <kevin.liu@sap.com>
Cc: "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

the original Sanjiva's proposal that started the discussions (IIRC) [1]
also allowed specifying multiple bindingTBDs (in your terminology) to be
used in a concrete binding. I think the reasons for this were good, and
for example Jean-Jacques's favourite split of serialization and protocol
bindings would be doable (a binding referencing a serialization
bindingTBD and a protocol bindingTBD).

So in terms of syntax, the change to your proposal would look like

<binding name="ncname" type = "qname" TBD = "list of qnames">*
  <operation name="ncname"? TBDs = "list of qnames">*
    <input TBDs = "list of qnames"/>
    <output TBDs = "list of qnames"/>
    <fault name="qname"? TBDs = "list of qnames">

i.e. changing the new attribute's value to a list of qnames.

Also, I noticed that operation name is optional in your structure - have
I missed something? I think the name is mandatory.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/att-0117/01-bindings-2002-07-24.html