Re: proposal for restricting a service to a single interface

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 03:14:25 +0600
To: "David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>, "'Amelia A. Lewis'" <alewis@tibco.com>, "'Arthur Ryman'" <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

"David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com> writes:
> How is the restriction valueless?  Pardon my ignorance.

I'm ignorant too apparently because I see value in it (as the proposer!).

> I think the restriction seems quite valuable.

Good!

> Out of curiousity, how many "proposals" are out there?  I would love to be
> able to compare and contrast all the different ones.  The ones I know of
> are: Arthur's, mine, Amy's, status quo.

We are discussing two independent proposals: one about restricting
the number of interfaces supported by <service> and another related
to R-085. The comment from Amy was related to the interfaces-per-service
proposal: she finds my proposal to restrict a service to one interface
valueless. I obviously disagree.

W.r.t. Arthur's proposal for R-085, I am confused as to where we stand;
I see most discussion terminating postively but I could be biased in
my interpretation.