Inheritance and parameter overloading in WSDL1.2

From: Ricky Ho <riho@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:50:49 -0800
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

I have some questions regarding the "inheritance" of Port types, Message
types ... etc.

Here are the message types

ComplexType Address {
         String street;
         String city;

ComplexType USAddress extends Address {
         String state;
         String zip;

ComplexType UKAddress extends Address {
         String postCode;

ComplexType PurchaseOrder {
         String poNumber;
         Address billingAddr;
         Address shippingAddr;
         float dollarAmount;

ComplexType CarPurchaseOrder extends PurchaseOrder {
         String model

Here is the service

PortType POHandling {
         void submitPO(PurchaseOrder po);

Q1) In XML Schema, can I define another complex type "USPurchaseOrder" that
is derived from "PurchaseOrder" ?  I want to constrain both billingAddr and
shippingAddr in "USPurchaseOrder" to be USAddress type.

Q2) In WSDL1.2, can I pass a message of type "CarPurchaseOrder" when
invoking the "submitPO" operation of port type "POHandling" ?

Q3) In WSDL1.2, can I define another PortType as follows ?

PortType UrgentPOHandling extends POHandling {
         String getPOStatus(String poNumber)

Best regards,