RE: Redefinition of XML Schema in WSDL possible?

From: David Cleary <davec@progress.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:31:08 -0400
To: Barbara.Zengler@daimlerchrysler.com, www-ws-desc@w3.org

> The WSDL Type System Component allows the usage of XML Schema
> for the definition of data types within the <wsdl:types> element.
> Thinking about that mechanism ... I guess it is possible to redefine
> schema, i.e. to redefine parts of schema for schema, here. Thus,
> it is IMHO
> possible to redefine the XML Schema datatypes here, which could lead
> to an interoperability problem.

I don't believe it is possible to redifine the schema for schema. It is
possible to define new simple types which are restrictions of XML Schema
defined types. I don't think this is an issue either, as any inheritance
tree can be walked up to get the XML Schema base type for use in generating
client proxies.

David Cleary
Progress Software