Redefinition of XML Schema in WSDL possible?

From: <Barbara.Zengler@daimlerchrysler.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:23:24 +0200
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Dear WG members,

The WSDL Type System Component allows the usage of XML Schema
for the definition of data types within the <wsdl:types> element.
Thinking about that mechanism ... I guess it is possible to redefine
schema, i.e. to redefine parts of schema for schema, here. Thus, it is IMHO
possible to redefine the XML Schema datatypes here, which could lead
to an interoperability problem.

I'd like to hear your comments / thoughts on that.

Regards,

	Barbara Zengler

----
Barbara Zengler
DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology, RIC/ED
Wilhelm-Runge-Str. 11
89013 Ulm
Germany

Phone: (+49) (731) 505-4005