RE: Importing schemata into WSDL

From: Don Mullen <donmullen@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:08:44 -0400
To: "'Martin Gudgin'" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Cc: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>, WS Description WG <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Yes, I think this works well, and is what I had in mind as option #3 [1].
Upon reflection, I don't think we need anything indicating what kind of
schema is being imported.  That information would be available in the XML
file (if location used) or already effectively processed and available by
the schema cache.

It seems slightly strange to use the XML Schema namespace <import> to pull
in a Relax NG schema or some other schema language, but it works, and most
processors are going to support XML Schema (perhaps exclusively).

Don

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0051.html