W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > October 2002

Agenda for 3 Oct 2002 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:51:47 -0700
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C07E10E41@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Dial in information (members only) [0]:

[0] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2002Oct/0003.html

See the public WG page [1] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [2] for administrative matters. 

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Bill Stumbo (fallback Steve Tuecke, Don Wright, Prasad Yendluri,
      Barbara Zengler, Glen Daniels)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of Sept 26 telcon [3]

[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0087.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items.
?        2002-07-21: Don Mullen to write up an issue on making the 
                     transport attribute match the SOAP binding 
                     framework. 
?        2002-09-09: Sanjiva to redo part 3.2 of his binding proposal.
?        2002-09-09: Gudge to check whether there is already an issue
                     against Part 2: can you define different 
                     encodingStyles for different children of 
                     soap:Body (message parts).
DONE [4] 2002-09-10: Steve and Gudge to write up the portType
extensibility
                     proposal.
?        2002-09-10: Sanjiva to produce a proposal for equivalence of 
                     (at least) top-level components in the next couple 
                     of weeks.
?        2002-09-10: Gudge; jeffsch; roberto et al to write proposal 
                     [to remove message and replace with complexType.] 
?        2002-09-10: Gudge to provide summary of using xml schema to 
                     wrap other type systems at an appropriate level 
                     of abstraction.
?        2002-09-11: Sanjiva to describe out/out-in for pub-sub. [I
                     think this should be pub-sub _without_ out/out-in.]
?        2002-09-11: Jeffrey and Don define TCP binding.
?        2002-09-19: Joyce, Sandeep, Igor, Steve T, Sanjiva, Adi, 
                     Roberto, Amy to form a task force to prepare
                     presenation about adding pub/sub in a first 
                     class manner to WSDL 1.2. 
?        2002-09-19: Sanjiva to write a Java binding.
?        2002-09-19: Glen to draft SOAP last call comment on why
                     SOAPAction is not a "feature", and request the
                     ability to set arbitrary mime headers.
DONE [5] 2002-09-26: Philippe to get Eric's comments
DONE [6] 2002-09-26: Jeffrey to remove the word draft for req125
PENDING  2002-09-26: Jonathan to prepublish the req docs
?        2002-09-26: Jacek to make a proposal for better describing 
                     the extensibility mechanism to support other 
                     languages

[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0000.html
[5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0082.html
[6]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/requirements/ws-desc-re
qs.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  FTF planning:
    Jan FTF.  Arch has agreed to a poll.
    Tech plenary in Boston, Desc group plans Mar 3-4, Arch meets 6-7.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
5.   Requirements [7]
     R120 (Identification by URI) [8]
     Additional comments [9]

[7]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/requirements/ws-desc-re
qs.html
[8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0082.html
[9]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2002Sep/0001
.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues
	none

--------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Porttype inheritance.  TF proposal at [10].  Subsequent thread [11]
    explores the desirability of allowing multiple porttypes per
service.

[10]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.ptext.ser
vice.html
[11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0000.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Rationale for dropping the <soap:body use=...> attribute [12]
     Awaiting proposal from Jacek on better describing the extensibility
mechanism to support other languages.

[12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0054.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  BindingType proposal from Kevin [13].
      Awaiting further work on Part 2 AM.

[13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
10. A slice at a proposal for SOAP features/properties in WSDL [14].
      Canon's change requests [15].

[14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0004.html
[15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0080.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [16].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [17].
    Jacek's addendum at [18].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[16] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 28: transport='uri' [19]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[19] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41)
    Jeffrey recommends no change [20].
    Sanjiva is mulling this over [21].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html
[21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0067.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 25: Interaction between W3C XML Schema and SOAP Data Model 
    Gudge's explains at [22], Roberto's options at [23].
    Waiting for more detail in ACM?

[22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0186.html
[23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0071.html

- Jonathan
Received on Thursday, 3 October 2002 13:43:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:21 GMT