RE: Port type extension proposal

OK. I have no problem with that. The proposal needs amending
appropriately.

> Also, multiple portTypes per service is status quo right?

Well, strictly speaking single serviceType per service is the status
quo.

> So
> I'd say the onus is on the proponents of a single portType
> scenario to justify why its better to go down to one?

I think the rationale was that it's not necessary to have multiple
portTypes at the service level if you can aggregate at the portType
level.

> > > - The service must indicate its "type": with portType inheritance
> > >   in place we (IBM) would prefer to have the service just indicate
> > >   the interfaces it supports:
> > >     <service implements="pt1 .. ptn"> ... </service>
> >
> > Are you saying that you don't want port type B to inherit from port
> > type A but rather that a service would just say that it implements
> > port type A and port type B?
>
> I'm saying that A or B may have their own inheritance
> hierarchies, but that we do not want to force every service
> to have precisely one portType. This is functionality that
> already exists in WSDL ..
>
> If one wants to say B inherits from A and then say the service
> implements B that's fine. However, we believe there are many
> scenarios where a service will support more than one portType
> which are not related by an inheritance relationship.

OK. I didn't realise that both bullet one and two in your original mail
were making the same point.

Gudge