Re: Issue: Can One-Way operations return faults?

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:37:46 +0200
To: Keith Ballinger <keithba@microsoft.com>
CC: www-ws-desc@w3.org
FYI, the SOAP 1.2 Request-Response MEP's state machine (what a long
name!) has a Fail state, which indicates a failure of the underlying
protocol, and a Success state. The Success state indicates that a valid
SOAP message was received. However, that message may turn out to be a
SOAP fault. So, in a sense, SOAP covers both types of faults (as should
be expected from a "protocol").

Jean-Jacques.