MEPs: Hardcoded or not? (was: Re: Minutes of teleconference 02-05-23)

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:23:52 +0200
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
CC: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com>
I was not able to attend yesterday, and I apologize in advance if
I am reiterating a discussion that has occured already, but I
wanted to point out that I agree with Glen and that, if possible,
MEPs should not be hardcoded into the spec.

Specifically, SOAP 1.2 currently defines one MEP. It is expected
that specification for other MEPs will be produced in the future.
I think it would be desirable that these other MEPs can be
described in WSDL, otherwise there will be services out there
that cannot be described (and hence used).  It would be desirable
if these other MEPs can be described without us reopening the
whole spec every time.

Thank you,

Jean-Jacques.