Re: import / include issue

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 01:13:25 +0600
To: "WS-Desc WG \(Public\)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Wow, so much traffic on this topic .. I'm not sure where to start! ;-)

Let me give my current preferred positions for these two issues:

Yes, definitely clarify the existing import mechanism and explain
it very carefully.

No, do not add an <include> mechanism. There are several XML level
mechanisms for inclusion (entities, XInclude and others I probably
don't know about) already. Furthermore, most programming languages
have survived quite well with only one include/import mechanism
(Java, C++, C#, C, ...) and hence I don't see the need to have two
mechanisms in WSDL.

Sanjiva.