From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@watson.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 12:13 PM
To: WS-Desc WG (Public)
Subject: Re: import / include issue

Wow, so much traffic on this topic .. I'm not sure where to start! ;-)

Let me give my current preferred positions for these two issues:

Yes, definitely clarify the existing import mechanism and explain
it very carefully.

No, do not add an <include> mechanism. There are several XML level
mechanisms for inclusion (entities, XInclude and others I probably
don't know about) already. Furthermore, most programming languages
have survived quite well with only one include/import mechanism
(Java, C++, C#, C, ...) and hence I don't see the need to have two
mechanisms in WSDL.

Sanjiva.