RE: Suggested simplifications to Simplicity Requirements

From: Austin, Daniel <Austin.D@ic.grainger.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:23:00 -0600
To: "'Stumbo, William K'" <WStumbo@crt.xerox.com>, "'David Booth'" <dbooth@w3.org>, www-ws-desc@w3.org
Hi Will,

> DR014 -- The WG Specifications must be compatible with existing Web
> Infrastructure.
>
> Can this requirement be combined with DR003?  DR003 -- Use
> available XML
> technologies when possible.

	No, I don't think so. The use of the existing web infrastructure
includes many things such as URIs and HTTP that are not covered by XML.
Also, the original statement (from the editor's draft) was worded with the
intent that the WS architecture work today; with existing technologies,
without dependencies on future or forthcoming efforts.

	Please note that the editor's draft also states these as goals, not
requirements.

Regards,

D-