Re: WSDL 1.2: Updated draft (June 30) - typos and minor errors

From: Prasad Yendluri <pyendluri@webmethods.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 11:09:16 -0700
To: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
CC: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, Tom Jordahl <tomj@macromedia.com>, Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>, Liu Kevin <kevin.liu@sap.com>, "WS-Desc WG (Public)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Sanjiva/Gudge (et al),

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com> writes:
> > That said, I would hope that the spec will at least be clearer than it
> > is currently. If we don't AIM to produce a spec that is clear and
> > consistent then you are corrent, we never will.
>
> ;-) Motherhood-and-apple-pie, but agreed.

Certainly +1 to this. We have identified several parts of the spec that have
confusing and conflicting pieces of text and ones that put arbitrary
restrictions without any reasoning. I hope we certainly clear-up those
confusion areas. The intera-port-relationship issue we closed recently by a
vote or whatever without addressing the confusion or mystery around that goes
against this aim unfortunately, IMHO.  I would urge that we try and clarify
the text in such places in the spirit of removing the confusion in the spec
rather than closing the issues by majority vote to just for the sake of
addressing it formally. My 2 cents..

Regards, Prasad