Message exchange patterns document

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:59:59 -0400
To: www-ws-cg@w3.org

As per my action item, I have started a document about message
exchange patterns whose goals are (from the abstract):

     * explain how to document a MEP.
     * list the MEPs developed within the Web Services Activity.
     * eliminate discrepancies.

The document is available at:

Message exchange patterns have a role in SOAP, WSDL, and are likely to
come to play in other places (e.g. conversation, choreography).

I think that the XML Protocol Working Group and the Web Services
Description Working Group should come in agreement about using a same
concept and way to describe MEPs, and that the Web Services
Architecture Working Group should look into generalizing MEPs.

Hugo Haas - W3C