RE: WS Implementation Question

sorry Mike, our emails crossed in the ether, either that, this list is so empty there is an echo in here :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Champion, Mike
Sent: 05 May 2004 15:39
To: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler); www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: WS Implementation Question

  _____

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) [mailto:RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 9:49 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: WS Implementation Question

Can someone point me to some sort of development environment or libraries likely to be available in this copntext that are a little higher level -- so, for example, someone else has figured out how to conform to WS-I?

Hi Roger,

My guess (as a person who tries to understand all this, not as a user) would be that the developer should look at Apache Axis - http://ws.apache.org/axis/

"Axis is essentially a SOAP engine -- a framework for constructing SOAP processors such as clients, servers, gateways, etc. The current version of Axis is written in Java, but a C++ implementation of the client side of Axis is being developed.

But Axis isn't just a SOAP engine -- it also includes:

*	a simple stand-alone server,

*	a server which plugs into servlet engines such as Tomcat,

*	extensive support for the Web Service Description Language (WSDL),

*	emitter tooling that generates Java classes from WSDL.

*	some sample programs, and

*	a tool for monitoring TCP/IP packets."

Easier WS-I support seems to be promised in the v 1.2, currently in alpha.

Of course, with the price of gas these days you folks should be able to afford a commercial WS development environment, eh :-)