RE: Requesting WSDL Files

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 20:40:05 +0100
To: <Hao.He@thomson.com>
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>
Dear Hao,

I will have to disagree with you for the reasons I suggested earlier.
The query string at the end of a URL is protocol depended. The simple
WS-MetadataExchange specification does not depend on the existence of a
particular transport protocol since it only requires SOAP.

Furthermore, since it's SOAP-based, you can utilise all those other WS
specifications. For example, with WS-Security you can transmit an X509
certificate or Kerberos token together with your GetWSDL request and
receive a WSDL document that is customised according to the
service-level agreement that you, as a consumer, have with that service.

Regards,

--
Savas Parastatidis
http://savas.parastatidis.name