RE: Web Services Architecture Document

Katia,
This is a very simple example, but I already have a problem with its
practical usefulness. How would I verify that the service has a URI?
Since we have not defined exactly what a service's URI is (is it the
port address? Is it some document describing the service? etc.), then
the compliance criterion derived from that reasoning does not buy us
much.

I suspect the same problem would surface with most other logical
conclusions we could derive from the WSA ontology. (That's why the
concept of WSA-compliance has a much more fuzzy meaning than the usual
concept of standard compliance - this, by the way, is not the fault of
WSA, it just comes from its special nature of being an architecture
document instead of, for instance, the definition of a specific
vocabulary).

What I am challenging is the practical benefit of using the semantic
machinery in the context of the WSA ontology, not the abstract concept
itself.

Ugo