RE: REST wrap-up (was Re: Web Services Architecture Document

From: He, Hao <Hao.He@thomson.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:13:44 +1100
To: "'Jim Webber'" <Jim.Webber@newcastle.ac.uk>, "He, Hao" <Hao.He@thomson.com.au>, David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>, Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org>, "Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)" <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Cc: Michael Champion <mc@xegesis.org>, www-ws-arch@w3.org
Yes, you cannot get lower than 1. However, it is not "the less the better".
It is "a small set of well-defined verbs" that does the trick.  The Web
already has GET,POST, DEL and PUT, so why reinvent the "wheel" in SOAP?  If
you want to call something Web services, why don't do it the Web way?  What
strikes me is that people want to call SOAP exclusively "the Web service"
but they just view the Web merely as a transfer protocol.

Hao