Re: REST wrap-up (was Re: Web Services Architecture Document

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 08:16:40PM -0800, Francis McCabe wrote:
> A *constrained interface* that is coherent with this view would, in my
> opinion, be a great tool for achieving interoperability. Anything less,
> will be,...less.

Cool.  I was perfectly happy to proceed down this path with the WG, as
long as there was general recognition that this was progress (which
there wasn't at the time, though I think many would now agree with you).
If you recall a requirement that I championed;

 o AR023.7.1 defines or identifies a base interface that all Web
   services can implement, that permits communication without a priori
   knowledge of the service.
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/wsa-reqs#AR023.7.1

But whatever the WG would have come up with for that, it would have
been a simple matter to map it to the uniform interface.

Mark.