Re: REST wrap-up (was Re: Web Services Architecture Document

From: Michael Champion <mc@xegesis.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:00:42 -0500
To: ''www-ws-arch@w3.org ' ' <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

On Feb 6, 2004, at 2:40 PM, Thompson, Bryan B. wrote:

> See http://www.1060research.com/ for some people that don't agree.

What would they disagree with?
http://www.1060.org/blogxter/entry?
publicid=7C88E1D0B72BD62EDED670A9EAA4C14E gives me a rather different
impression about their fondness for RESTifarian dogma:

" Atom looks at the world with HTTP spectacles. If we're going to do a
blog protocol let's do it right. Abstract the messaging from the
transport. Work out what you want to exchange, define a transport
neutral layer and plug the transports (HTTP, SMS, IM, email, BPP[1]...)
into the framework. ..."  I don't see anything in the rest of that
post that I disagree with.

  Likewise,
http://1060research-server-1.co.uk/docs/latest/docxter/
doc_Net_Kernel_Principles_and_Philosophy.html seems *extremely*
consistent with my assertion that XML rather than HTTP is the secret
sauce in "services over the Web" [ which is a superset of Web services
as WSA defined it]