From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of David Booth
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 2:58 PM
To: Paul Denning; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Crossreferencing the spec list with Apache's

Again, this isn't something that the WG discussed, so I wouldn't feel
comfortable adding it post facto.

I think the best solution is for you or Roger to re-send your list and
include a "see also" section that lists:
         the Apache list
         the RRS feed
         whatever else

At 02:48 PM 2/2/2004 -0500, Paul Denning wrote:

>I suggest that David or Hugo create a page in http://www.w3.org that
>can
>point to both lists and the RSS feed.
>
>They can decide where to put that page (since WSAWG is done), but since
>the WS Activity lives on, I think anywhere under
>http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ would be a good place.  And since the WS
>Activity lives on, W3C resources would be available to update it if
needed
>(which is probably not too often since its just a few links to other
>pages, not the summaries themselves).  WSCG could decide if an update
is
>appropriate.  Suggestions to update it can be sent to www-ws-arch.
>
>Then point the WSA appendix to that page (assuming there is time to do
>it
>before it is published as a NOTE).
>Creating that page is probably a good idea even if we can't get the
link
>to it into the WSA doc.
>
>The page can be updated if we find any other good sources of summarized
>WS-* specs.
>For example, I like these:
>
>http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/webservices/standards.jsp
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/understanding/specs/default.aspx
>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/views/webservices/standards.jsp
>

>NOTE that the Hyperlinks on the apache wiki [2] simply do a google
>search,
>which may not get you to the associated spec.
>
>Our list [3] tries to link you directly to the spec.
>
>The Cover Pages site map [1] has some WS links, but mostly XML and SGML
>links.  They are not currently grouped under a Web Services heading,
but
>if you search that page in your browser for "web service" you will find

>some.  If you follow them, you may find additional WS-related specs.
For

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard