Re: Separate concepts for "service" and "targetResource?" (was RE : /service/@targetResource ?)

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:29:46 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

+1

I think that's the best way to think about it.  While it seems far
simpler to just use the printer via HTTP methods invoked on the URI
identifying the printer, if Web services still feel the need to continue
to use "open interfaces", at least this approach draws a clean dividing
line between the two approaches.

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 08:48:13AM -0400, David Orchard wrote:
> That's why there are 2 URIs.  One for the "target", and one for the
> "service".  A printer is a different concept than a printer service.  I
> don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.  There may be many
> services associated with a printer.  Hence there may be many different
> service URIs, yet only one target URI.  And these services could be in many
> different wsdl definitions.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

  Actively seeking contract work or employment