Re: Separate concepts for "service" and "targetResource"?

From: Walden Mathews <waldenm@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:51:20 -0400
To: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Ugo,

I haven't had a chance to study it in detail yet, but isn't this
pretty clearly about, well, loan processing?  So why wouldn't you
posit the existence of an abstract resource called a "loan
processor"?  What difference does it make to me, a loan
applicant, how many agents and forwardings took place in
order to approve my loan?

I think your original point was that this would be an example
of an aggregate service for which "resource" wouldn't make much
sense as a way of describing how the service is structured and
offered?  Do you still feel that way?  If so, could you explain?

Walden