Re: Magic

> In a RESTful example, you would have a different URI for each PO number.
You
> use the "new PO" URI to obtain a new URI for your PO. Then you use PUT on
> the PO URI to submit the order, and GET on the PO URI to return it's state
> (the PO plus its current status). Another PUT would submit changes.

The anti-REST group claims to have done its homework on the
workings of RESTful HTTP for application interface design.  The above
may be workable (who knows?), but it also seems non-typical of how
I believe most REST designers would do it.  Is the homework complete?

> Okay -- that takes care of the basic CRUD operations -- but order
processing
> involves a lot more than CRUD operations. So please, Mark, can you provide
> us a real-world example? One that lets us do thinks like aggregate
> information about orders by customer, back order status, payment terms,
> geographical region, etc?

Ann, this is great territory to get into, but it probably belongs on
the www-ws list instead of here.  If you will please develop the questions
implied above and post them on www-ws, I'd be happy to help navigate
to some answers.

For instance, how do you want to access aggregate information?  Come
up with some example SOAP-based operations, and let's see if we
can map them to REST design.  From what you've indicated above, I
don't see any real problems.  See you on www-ws,

Walden

> Regards,
> Anne

REST