RE: Announce: WS-Callback, WS-MessageData, and WS-Acknowledgement specifications

Within the reliable messaging scope (which is a narrower scope than
WS-Acknowledge targets), when an sender send a stream of bytes over a
socket, if the sender successfully close the socket, TCP guarantees that
the whole stream of bytes is received successfully.  In case of any
problem, the sender will know about that by receiving an exception.

But ... how about the receiver machine crash right after all the bytes are
received.  On the other hand, SOAP is protocol agnostic and doesn't need to
be sent over HTTP (hence TCP cannot be assumed).  Therefore, a higher level
acknowledgement mechanism is needed.

But there are other areas beside reliable messaging which may also need
acknowledgement, so why not provide a "general" acknowledgement standard to
deal with that.  Hopefully achieve a broader reuse.

Rgds, Ricky