Re: Proposed Venn Diagrams

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 10:48:07 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Very nice, Mike.  I think many people will find these useful.

Two comments ...

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 12:19:52AM -0400, Champion, Mike wrote:
> "Uniform Interface Services" aka REST is a
> subset of the Web.

True, but I think B is much too large relative to C.  The vast majority
of the Web uses uniform interface semantics.

> discussed] is roughly set "F". (It might be called "XML Interface Services",
> but let's not go there now).  That overlaps the REST circle because one can
> (e.g. using SOAP 1.2's GET feature) build RESTful web services;

Right, but then the interface is no longer declared with XML (gasp! 8-),
it's declared with HTTP, so "XML Interface Services" isn't an accurate
description of what's going on.  Perhaps that's not such a big deal, but
it could be a point of confusion.  Maybe a footnote would help.