FW: Nomenclature Idea

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:18:26 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Sorry, posted to wrong list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 9:13 AM
To: w3c-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Nomenclature Idea

I realized something this morning that might be useful.  Recall the
nomenclature problems in the discussions involving the SOA/REST
analysis.  It suddenly struck me that we pretty much own a perfectly
good acronym, WSA, and we probably can, within a pretty large tolerance,
use that bullet however we like.  I personally am attracted to the idea
of WSA Web Services to label the stuff involving SOAP, WSDL and the
specifics of the reference architecture, but that's a more specific
suggestion than the general observation.