Re: FW: Proposed draft text for 2.2.21

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:33:45 -0400
To: Hao He <Hao.He@thomson.com.au>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 03:08:00PM +1000, Hao He wrote:
> Yes, you would have content in two places.  I don't see anything wrong with
> this since we allow external data to be part of a message anyway.

Ok, good point.  Let me offer a different reason.

I don't consider the intent of "GET http://www.example.com?foo=bar" to
be to send "foo=bar" to example.com.  I consider that the intent is to
get a representation of the resource identified by that URI.  Why I
believe this is an important difference is because the obligation of
interpretation of that string lies with the recipient, not with the
sender.